Friday 15 February 2013

Another Interview


Yesterday I had an interview in the afternoon. Unfortunately it was one of those days when I wake up with no personality. I went for a quick swim to wake up properly and then I worried a lot about what to wear, as though I assume the identity of my clothes. I don't like the personality of my clothes at the moment, but wore a smart raincoat and scarf that I still like, blue cords and duck egg blue merino jumper.

 I tried to assume some kind of personality during the interview but I did feel dislocated and false. Also I felt my assumed personality was rubbing off on the young woman interviewing me so that she was trying to assume some kind of approximation to her regular personality too.

I guess the problem was a lack of interest in the job, but when I talked about it to the interviewer, it sounded quite interesting. There were IT workshops to teach and also ESOl classes. I had to point out to the young lady that learning ESOL takes months rather than weeks and she said she knew that. However, I shall still worry that the pressure will be on to achieve quickly.

It is a bit of a journey to Streatham Hill, but generally you can read on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment