Sunday 6 October 2013

I was a star in a reasonably-priced bra

Yesterday we had a family wedding and I was asked to read a poem - the most personal part of the ceremony - to the congregation. It was not a poem that read well on the page (it's lame, frankly) and it needed some expression and timing (also some editing), but I can report it went down really well, and I was very pleased. (If only the nation was short of people who can read poetry to an audience!! I could be a professional.) In this case, I was glad for my brother and new sister-in-law, because they had given us a lovely party and I helped to make their day a success.

The title is an allusion to Top Gear, a TV programme in which a celebrity drives a car around a track as fast as they can. They seem to love doing this. The feature is called "Star in a reasonably-priced car". I was not just wearing underwear; in fact, I bought a new reasonably-priced dress for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment