Friday 28 November 2014

Man in corridor

I like going to my college. I'm only teaching part time so it's not too much of a burden - all my colleagues are very competent and friendly.

Yesterday I saw a man in the corridor who looked very preoccupied: he had dark, almost black hair, a black shirt and a familiar look. However, he was not simultaneously arrogant and shambolic, and therefore he wasn't the man I feared.  Now I do find myself missing my hopelessly uncommitted Turkish student, who used to remind me of the man I used to miss!

Addendum

Turkish student has returned, is in Sarah's class, - so nice to see him in the library!  and asked me about improving his handwriting (he used to write from the bottom of the character rather than from the top). Will get him a handwriting copybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment