Saturday 9 May 2015

Post election blues

So basically Scotland is for the SNP - fine. I see the attraction. However, in some constituencies they could have put up a scarecrow and people would have voted for it. I wonder, when the dust has settled and the M.P.s take a look at each other, what sort of show they will make?
Wales is for Labour - fine. Loyal to the cause of the working man.

And the UK, apart from some pockets in the North, is Conservative. I can't believe it! I am beginning to have a theory about people who vote Tory. They love their cars. They love their cars because they save them from having to connect with other people. The idea of sharing anything gives them the horrors. 

I feel sad when I look at my Vote Green poster and think of all the effort we novice Greens put in to field candidates, and how many of them lost their deposits (though many didn't). In the best outcome scenario we would have 3 M.P.'s and we still have only one, although I'm happy to say she increased her majority.

I feel sad when I think of the poor Lib Dems and how, by consorting with the Tories they lost their reputation as an alternative to the Tories. They seemed to have moved to the right and that ruined their chances. I feel sad for Vince Cable who took it very hard, and Nick Clegg who fought a good fight and must surely blame himself. When you look at the map of South West London now, it's blue all the way to Westminster, instead of having that quirky hinterland of yellow. London is mainly Labour, and I am glad about that. 

I feel sad for Ed Milliband who also fought a good fight. For me, though, he was always Tony Blair's man, and every time he said "Look!" I cringed with Blair-horror. I shall be glad to see the back of Ed Balls, and I don't mind if they find some new faces. (More women please?)

The BBC website put up a really informative map of the country on their news website, thanks very much chaps, you were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment