Friday 29 April 2016

My garden - spring


I observe two things this spring. One is that the tulips have had a really good year and more are blooming again than usual. Usually when they come up the second time half of them are blind (have no flowers). This year they all have flowers and many have baby flowers!

Note the baby tulips


I think my bluebells are Spanish - they are large and pale
 
The other thing is the ants are worse than usual, they have invaded my kitchen and I don't know where they are coming from. I have put down a fair amount of ant poison. They got into a pan of stewed plums - just hours after I had cooked them - I was so cross - the pan was swarming and I had to throw it all away. They also got into the biscuit tin and the cake tin - they have taken up residence in my husbands birthday cake and hollowed it out, and how they got into a tin I don't know. But clearly that tin didn't do its job and now I'm looking for new cake tins.


Which shall I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment