Wednesday 24 August 2016

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

In Venice I wondered about reading something really good set in Venice - but not Death in Venice - and I decided to re-read the Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. It's a book for children which I read to my son. We liked it.

She has taken a number of Venetian marvels : mythical beasts, the islands, the rich families, pickpockets, treasures of gold and silver, dealers in treasures, and some of the usual items in children's stories - orphans, a gang, hiding, fending for themselves - and put them all together in a wonderful story. She also illustrated it, and I love the pictures.


But I am still thinking about what else to read that was set in Venice - maybe something historical.

Here are some of my pics.








In Venice there is something everywhere that's so beautiful it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment