Friday 3 November 2017

Down in the dumps: Bye to my screenplay: achievements

Finished the eventful and gripping screenplay about these people: what a great story.

H.G.Wells, a charming man

Bland, a charming man.

Bland was also a quite frightening man.

The daughter who was caught between the two.

Shaw, who comes into the story because it is also a political story.

Yesterday I went on a cycle ride to Kingston, making the most of the fine autumnal weather (the trees are mainly green and only a few have shed their leaves) but it didn't make me feel better. Except when we rode around Bushy Park, that was fun, but I felt like a child. It made me feel as though I was wasting my time. Is this because I have finished the screenplay and feel bad about it? Worried that it won't interest anyone? I have to remember it was a first draft.

My blue bike with Karen's outside Hampton Court Palace.
I am now going to write another screenplay, but I first have my mother's photos to dispose of . And my superficial letters from years ago. I don't live in the past and I can't think why she kept all this wretched stuff, except that she thought I was having a really interesting life, maybe? I don't have much of a memory - I lived, I wrote it down, I moved on and forgot. Some people have amazing memories.  I guess my mother thought I would do amazing things, so she kept these letters in the expectation that someone would be interested in my biography. I have mixed feelings about this. I have always felt that my mother should achieve her own things, and I should achieve (or not achieve) mine, and the two are separate. Same with my father. I hope my daughter thinks the same - that her life will be about her own achievements, not mine or any other member of her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment