Tuesday 18 March 2014

Thinking Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman again

I was reading the end of Thinking Fast and Slow see previous page and I'd got to the part where Prof K is considering an experiment which involves a questionnaire asking people to rate their happiness. I was rather disappointed that he had resorted to questionnaires as I don't think the results are reliable, and then he, quite brilliantly, analysed why questionnaires don't give the true picture. Because nothing matters all the time as much as it does when you are thinking about it. So if a questionnaire asks you how much happiness you get from your car, for example, it suddenly becomes an important issue, whilst most of the time it doesn't matter so much, or even, not at all.

Then I was pleased with him again and he popped up on Start the Week, which is well worth listening to as the topic was Making Decisions.

making decisions, radio prog available 1 year


No comments:

Post a Comment