Wednesday 3 January 2018

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all who read this.

I hope you are happy in your surroundings.

I hope you have interesting books to read, and people who love you.

We went away at Christmas to a cottage in the Cotswolds, and spent a relaxing week - four people who love each other, hanging out, walking, playing games and doing a jigsaw. Very restful. No wonder people (mainly men) stop trying to be friends with other people when they have a family. It's a siege mentality, I suppose. My husband has it - never invites people round.

As for me, I am ashamed of our house and I can't get to like it. No matter what we do, you can't turn a sixties semi into anything very much - they were built cheap and stay looking cheap. Can't even fix a fan into the bathroom wall, according to the latest workman I have consulted.

We still have no carpets after the moth problem - good, we got rid of the old ones. Bad, we can live with underlay for months.

Yes, I am feeling rather sad today. I will go to the gym and exercise like a sad old carthorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment