Wednesday 4 September 2013

This term

My line manager sent me a tentative timetable of classes that I would teach, including Weds evening, and it looked pretty daunting. However, we have been having enrolling sessions and it may be that I don't have enough students out in the Community to make a class. You never can tell!

At our enrolling session last evening there was an elderly woman from Nepal - in traditional dress - who came with a very old lady and some children, with a young son to translate for them all, and the lady didn't speak a word of English. There were 5 Spaniards and Portuguese (lots of these at the moment) with low level English, some Pakistanis with quite good English.

I have never taught English from scratch and I don't know how to do this, but I might really enjoy it! I wonder if that will fall to me.

What I really want to do is a Masters degree in Linguistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment