Wednesday 9 July 2014

Last 2 weeks of teaching -

The trouble is at the end of term you want to go out with a bang rather than a fizzle, but I really have run out of energy: I used to take along party food and party games to the last lesson. I still do games, but this time time it's Ramadan so we're not doing food or even fruit juice. It's a long day for the people doing Ramadan. In most Muslim countries the days are not so long in summer.

Today I had my students do doctor and patient roleplays and a drawing game, and they also had to fill in their self-assessment in their ILP's and their progression form. Some fun was had!

There are some students around but very few, and the library is wonderfully quiet. I wish it was as quiet as this all the time. I am particularly horrible to noisy sts in the library. A large number of staff is leaving the college (on the admin side) and because the college is "restructuring" we can expect even more chaos next year than we had this year. Almost every week there is a leaving "do" announced or a department announcing the departure of some good colleagues.

As yet I don't know if there will be any classes for me to teach next year. I expect to hear about it very soon.
I have a pile of exam papers to mark and hope to get them done over the weekend - Henley was a break at a bad time in that I should have started the marking at least..

But if I don't get much teaching next year perhaps it's a good opportunity to find something else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment