Wednesday 19 December 2012

Rejected by the office ladies

I went for a job in a school office. I got on well with the men I met first, a teacher and the burser. Then time to meet the office ladies. When someone says "Oh they're lovely!" it is time to worry. They questioned me for a very long time and found out all about me. And they did not like the person they met, even though I very much wanted the job. They considered themselves the queens of their little kingdom and did not want someone who might have managed the kingdom differently, or say it softly, more efficiently and easily.

But they very much rejected me as a person rather than my skillset. It was more hurtful, but just as well, as you don't want to work with people who are jealous and suspicious of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment